[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / March 2018

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 30 22:54:56 UTC 2018

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 28-Mar-2018 telecon.

Pointing Requests Message (PRM): Published! The PRM will be removed from the next report.

Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): At the time of our telecon Wednesday, it was "same status as last month", i.e., waiting for the CESG Poll to commence Agency Review. I just checked before writing this report and see that the CESG Poll for the RDM Red Book Agency Review opened today, 30-Mar-2018, and ends 23-Apr-2018. Hooray!

Tracking Data Message (TDM): At the time of our telecon Wednesday, it was "same status as last month", i.e., waiting for the CESG Poll to commence Agency Review. I just checked before writing this report and see that the CESG Poll for the TDM Pink Book Agency Review opened today, 30-Mar-2018, and ends 23-Apr-2018. Hooray!

Orbit Data Message (ODM): No significant change in status since last month. The current draft is P2.37, distributed in mid-February; it is currently in internal review. This will be the version of the document we discuss at Gaithersburg.

Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. No significant change in status since last month. The current draft is P1.6, distributed in January; it is currently in review. This will be the version of the document we discuss at Gaithersburg. We still need to incorporate the XML sections.

Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): Start on this has been delayed. It was originally thought that this would appear after the ADM, ODM, and TDM had been revised. I had planned to put out an initial draft prior to the Spring Meetings, but now it will be after.

Navigation Events Message (NEM): A first White Book is anticipated following the Spring 2018 Meetings. We are still gearing up for this project and should make some good progress at the Spring Meetings.

Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. An updated draft (3.5) was distributed earlier this week. At this point we are hoping to request the CESG Poll and publication between the Spring 2018 Meetings and Fall Meetings. The Lead Editor (at Glenn Research Center) has lost funding for travel so will not be attending the Spring Meetings.

Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  CMC Poll to approve this new project is currently in progress, closing 04-Apr-2018.

Conjunction Data Message:  The 5 Year Review discussion is coming up at the Spring Meetings. At this point we are reasonably certain that "retire" is not an appropriate option; we will decide between "reconfirm" and "revise" at the Spring Meetings. A small set of corrigenda has been requested of the Secretariat in conjunction with migration of the "CDM Originator" registry information into the "Organizations" registry.