[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / January 2018

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 18 00:28:15 UTC 2018

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 17-Jan-2018 telecon.

Pointing Requests Message (PRM): The CESG Poll for "Approval to Publish" is in progress, ending 19-Jan-2018. A CMC Poll will follow (shortly, we hope).

Tracking Data Message (TDM): The TDM P1.0.7 has been submitted to the Secretariat with your Resolution requesting Agency Review.

Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. A draft (3.5) has been delayed until mid-February. At this point we plan to request the CESG Poll and publication after the Spring 2018 Meetings.

Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): As of 02-Jan-2018 the RDM is in position #2 on the Document Editor's queue. We are very interested in getting the Agency Review started ASAP, but at this point it appears that the Agency Review will not appear in time for us to have RIDs for the Spring Meetings (even if the Editor finished his work today, there would be a month minimum of polls and a two month review period, which would end after the conclusion of the Spring Meetings).

Orbit Data Message (ODM): An updated draft P2.37 is in progress (current target mid-February 2018).

Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The most recent draft (P1.6) was just distributed earlier this week. Per the Lead Editor, the document is nearing readiness for Agency Review. We still need to incorporate the XML sections.

Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): Start on this has been delayed. It was originally thought that this would appear after the ADM, ODM, and TDM had been revised.

Navigation Events Message (NEM): A first White Book is anticipated prior to the Spring 2018 Meetings.

Navigation Hardware Message (NHM): The demotion to Draft Project is complete. This document will be dropped from the simple report.