[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / September 2017

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 15 21:34:00 UTC 2017

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 13-Sep-2017 telecon.

Pointing Requests Message (PRM): Resolution to publish remains on hold. Progress has been slowed by vacations over the summer.

Tracking Data Message (TDM): A draft that we hope will be ready for Agency Review is in preparation.

Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. The most recent draft (3.4) is now in WG review (we just extended the due date for comments by a couple of weeks because not much has been received by the Lead Editor).

Orbit Data Message (ODM): The most recent draft (P2.36) continues in WG review; we just extended the due date for comments by a couple of weeks because not much has been received by the Lead Editor. Between this and other commitments of the Lead Editor we will likely not have an update prior to the Fall Meetings.

Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): White Book #5 was produced a couple of weeks ago and is now in WG review. This standard is maturing rapidly. We are planning to request a Resolution for an Agency Review at the Fall 2017 meetings.

Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The most recent draft (P1.4) is now in WG review, and we should have an update prior to the Fall 2017 meetings.

Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): The project is in the Framework. Some required changes/corrections to schemas have been coded and tested, but not implemented. XML sections for the TDM and ODM have been produced, and will be included in the updated standards as we migrate material out of the NDM/XML.

Events Message (EVM): Our CMC poll "CMC-P-2017-07-006 Approval of New Project in the MOIMS - Navigation Working Group 'Navigation Events Message' closed 11-Aug-2017. All parties voted to "Adopt", but we have not yet seen an official message saying the project was approved. I have emailed CCSDS Tech Support about this a few times so I expect the formal word soon. We plan to work on a schedule at the Fall 2017 meetings.

Navigation Hardware Message (NHM): No change since last report. We had no discussion on the recent telecon as the current Lead Editor was on vacation.