[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] [Moims-mp] FW: Informal MOIMS Review of inputs to the CCSDS Reference Architecture activity

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 28 22:25:47 UTC 2016

Thanks for your thoughts Dan...

Anybody else have any commentary?

From: "Oltrogge, Daniel" <doltrogge at agi.com>
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 6:27 AM
To: "Berry, David S (3920)" <david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov>, "moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org" <moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: RE: [Moims-mp] FW: Informal MOIMS Review of inputs to the CCSDS Reference Architecture activity

A couple of comments:

(1)     “The ODM contains information that defines the orbit state of a spacecraft at one or more times.” Is woefully understated, even in the context of our current messages;

(2)     Although Conjunction Assessment is an important and significant function, it is a part of a much broader category of Space Situational Awareness.  There are many other such categories within SSA that the ODMs address.  RF interference is another such analysis and mitigation area.  Suggest that we use the broader category to preclude getting “boxed out” of addressing other such areas w/in CCSDS.

(3)     I still want to explore (and therefore question) whether not incorporating network and transmission issues into NAV WG standards is ultimately best.  Reference the ProtoBuf material I’d sent earlier.  For us to discuss in Rome.

(4)     Are we going to still pursue an SMM as depicted?

(5)     I don’t get their color-codes, specifically what it means in the NAV WG to be “white” or “gray” (whatever that color is).  Their color code swatches are too small!

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel L. Oltrogge
SDC Program Manager & Senior Research Astrodynamicist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics Incorporated