AW: [MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] FDM and RDM concept papers

Reinhard.Kiehling at dlr.de Reinhard.Kiehling at dlr.de
Mon Feb 15 14:53:18 UTC 2016

Dear Alexandru

We have dicussed your concept papers in our team and have the following remarks:

1.    RDM

-          Missing epoch of given orbital elements

-          Dispersion in longitude/latitude not really useful; better would be the geometry of a dispersion ellipse on ground (both axes: semi-major and -minor as well as orientation vector of ellipse on ground)

-          Proposed additional entry: controlled reentry true/false

-          Proposed additional entry: Dispersion of remaining lifetime (e.g. ESA is using a +/-20% for reentry predictions)

-          Dispersion 1 or 3 sigma?

-          Handling of Re-entry without impact (i.e. objects/fragments which are burned up and do not reach Earth's surface but are threat for air-traffic)? May be probability whether object/fragments will reach the ground?

-          In the sample all data are within the "meta data" brackets; are they all optional? Are there other data (e.g. ephemeris, etc) planned? It is not clear what the core information is.

2.    FDM

Use cases/scenarios are not clear to us.

Best regards
Reinhard

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Space Operations and Astronaut Training | Space Flight Technology | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany

Dr. Reinhard Kiehling | Head of Flight Dynamics Services
Telephone +49 8153 28-2676 | Telefax +49 8153 28-1450 | reinhard.kiehling at dlr.de<mailto:reinhard.kiehling at dlr.de>
www.DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>