[Moims-mp] NASA Artemis Accords...

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Wed May 20 14:34:55 UTC 2020

Dear MOIMS standardisation enthusiasts

 A quick and graphically appealing read, on the NASA Artemis Accords

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis-accords/index.html

In particular, I would like to draw your attention to the statement:

Interoperability
Interoperability of systems is critical to ensure safe and robust space
exploration.

Therefore, the Artemis Accords call for partner nations to utilize open
international standards, develop new standards when necessary, and strive
to support interoperability to the greatest extent practical.

I plead our NASA colleagues to communicate the good work that we are doing
in the MOIMS to the Artemis programme and to feedback and need that it is
currently not covered by our plan of work. Even better, if we could
establish a more permanent link with the Artemis teams dealing with
standards.

Best regards,

__Mario

ESA – European Space Agency

Dr. Mario MERRI
Head of Mission Operations Data Systems Division (OPS-GD)

Directorate of Operations
European Space Operations Centre - ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5, D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel +49 (6151) 90 2292 | Mario.Merri at esa.int  |  www.esa.int/esoc