[Moims-mp] Updated MPS Information Model and associated draft of Blue Book Text

Roger Thompson roger.rocketbrain at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 26 11:27:12 UTC 2020

Dear Mehran and All,

I have completed a draft of the accompanying text to the MPS Information
Model for the corresponding section in the Blue Book.

This is before any agreed simplifications are made, but after all updates
agreed at the Fall 2019 meeting and susbsequent telecons have been made.

I made a few minor changes to the model while writing the accompanying text,
as I spotted a few inconsistencies - nothing of significance.

Some diagrams have been split into 2 or 3 diagrams to make them easier to
follow.

All attribute names now commence with lower case letters, while classes
commence with upper case - neither contain spaces.  This is to facilitate
XML generation in due course.

The tables for each data structure in the information model now contain the
same information as those contained in the other MO books.  Currently this
is hand generated.  I will in due course use one of the available tools to
create the XML version of these, but have not as yet done so.

The latest version of the model can be found at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14udkX4JlF79vJyyCTf1DY2sNjYHf8dEy

And of the PDF diagram only report from this at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Dtnq_FpjKwHohMrkuAn5mlzaMfdNVK7

The draft text for the Information Model section of the Blue Book may be
found at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_1Ch9AunJm_LsuYdXh6-CzpBwYE9EaZz

Note that this contains all the diagrams.  Also note that it is not yet in
the official CCSDS template.

I will now be away for 8 weeks on extended leave.

I would be grateful for any review comments on my return - in particular any
areas where you feel additional examples would aid in understanding.

Best regards,

Roger Thompson