[Moims-mp] Expressions

Roger Thompson roger.rocketbrain at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 6 12:57:28 UTC 2019

Hi Guillermo,

This is what I currently have in the model for Expressions.

I will circulate the full model when I have made updates resulting from the
meeting.

Note that if we remove the Value attribute, and assume that Literals are
also specified in the Expression string, we will need also to be able to
specify Literal values of any type in the expression field.

It does have the advantage, however, that we remove any polymorphism problem
from the Expression structure, as we will not require special
Object/Position/Direction Expression types.

The full set of Argument Types supported is:

Of these, the majority are various Numeric types, so we would need to be
able to represent literals for both integer and real values potentially with
exponents.

Other types for which we will need literal representations are:

-          Boolean

-          Duration, Time, FineTime

-          String (should be easy!)

-          URI

-          ObjectID:  This is essentially the Object reference we need to
support anyway

-          Direction and Position

-          Blob (binary data) - should this only be supported by reference?

I would expect that there will be standard representations for Numeric,
Boolean, Duration, Time, String and URI types.

Hopefully XPath would also provide support for Object References.

Direction, Position and Blob may be more difficult.

Cheers,

Roger