[Moims-mp] Re: Invitation: CCSDS Mission Planning and Scheduling WG Preparation Meeting (Oct 29 04:30 PM CET in web-ex)

Guillermo.Buenadicha at esa.int Guillermo.Buenadicha at esa.int
Wed Oct 21 15:32:20 UTC 2015

Please, add XMM Newton to the observatory missions together with Gaia. I plan
to share the time between both.

Thanks

G.

Sent from iPhone

> El 21 oct 2015, a las 17:13, Mehran.Sarkarati at esa.int escribió:
>
> Dear all,
>
> As you may have followed, the poll for nomination of the chair and deputy
chair of the CCSDS Mission Planning and Scheduling WG is still open.
> In preparation for the Technical Fall Meetings in Darmstadt, Steve Chien
(NASA-JPL) and myself are acting as interim organisers and have devised the
following preliminary agenda, which we would like to review and update
together with you during this web-ex on 29 Oct.

> The Mission Planning and Scheduling WG will meet on
>
> Wednesday 11 Nov 14:00 - 17:30
> Thursday    12 Nov 08:45 - 16:00
>
> Please make sure that you have registered on the CCSDS web-site for the MP
WG meetings, if you are planning to attend the meeting.

> Proposed Agenda:
> 1. Introduction -  30 Min (Tour de table)
> 2. Recap of the BOF meetings - Review of the Charter and White Paper - 30
Min (Mehran and Steve)
> 3. Presentations from relevant use case domains (each 30 Min including Q&A)
>
> NASA - Earth observation pointing - Steve Chien, Mission: Earth Observing
One
> ESA    - Earth Observation use case for ESA missions - Michael Koller,
Steffen Dransfeld, Michele Zundo Mission: Sentinels
> EUMETSAT- Meteorologic satellites mission Planning, Hayley Higgins, Mission
(TBD)
> NASA -  Observatory Mission Planning - David Mittman,  Mission Spitzer
> ESA - Science Operations Planning for Observatory missions - Guillermo
Buenadicha, Missions Gaia
> NASA - Flyby mission planning - Steve Chien - Mission Cassini
> ESA - Science Operations Planning for Planetary missions - Peter van der
Plas/ David Frew,  Missions: ExoMars, Euclid
> ESA - Mission planning at MOC level for ESA deep space missions - Bruno de
Sousa, Gary Whitehead, Missions: VEX (or Cluster) and Gaia
> NASA - Robotic Servicing - Steve Chien, Mission: Orbital Express
> NASA - Surface operations planning, David Mittman, Mission MSL
> DLR - GSOC mission planning at GSOC. Christophe Lenzen, Mission EnMAP
> ESA - Constellations Planning case of Galileo - Boby Nejad, Mission:
Galileo
> NASA - MRO Planning - Steve Chien,  Mission MRO
> ESA - Interfaces to the APSI generic  AI framework - Nicola Policella  No
Mission/Generic Planning infrastructure interfaces
> ESA - Interfaces to ESA Generic Mission Planning Framework - Colling Haddow
No Mission/Generic Planning infrastructure interfaces (TBD)

> 4. Initial discussion on the relevant input to be taken into account for
definition of the use cases in the green book - 2 hours
> 5. Discussion on how to organise practically the work on the green book
(e.g. use of Google Drive) and assignment of Book Captainship (maybe per
chapter?) to WG members - 30 Min
> 6. Agree on the date for the next web-ex
> 7. On-the-fly generation and review of the report to the MOIMS plenary
meeting - 30 Min
> 8. AOB
>
> The order of the presentations is not fixed and we can move them after
discussions on 29th.

> For the presentations, the focus will be on the interfaces to the mission
planning, as this will be the initial concern of the WG. The desired format
is to start with a short overview of the planning process and go to the
details of the interfaces (preferably bring example input/output
files/formats, ...).
> Please let me know, if you would like to add any topic to the agenda of the
web-ex or you would like to present a use case at the meetings in Darmstadt.

https://esa-meeting.webex.com/esa-meeting/j.php?MTID=m738ab0e25c71aeb94862279e85abc190

https://esa-meeting.webex.com/esa-meeting/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=411395627&tollFree=0

> Can't join the meeting? Contact support here:
> https://esa-meeting.webex.com/esa-meeting/mc
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and
other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be
discoverable in a legal matter. You should inform all meeting attendees prior
to recording if you intend to record the meeting.