[Moims-ipr] Re: [Secretariat] Information request ...

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 12 10:39:08 EST 2009

Pen-Shu, Aaron: unless either of you has applied for IP rights, this
should be fully open and available for his use. We should, of course,
insist on proper reference and credit. This is an interesting
meteorological application and the MOIMS-IPR people should be aware of it:

http://www.eumetsat.int/HOME/Main/Access_to_Data/Meteosat_Meteorological_Products/BUFR___GRIB2/index.htm?l=en

"GRIB (GRIdded Binary) is WMO's standard binary format for exchanging
gridded data. GRIB Edition 2 is an extension of GRIB, with a much
higher degree of flexibility and expandability. The expanded name of
this code form is "General Regularly-distributed Information in
Binary form". It is an efficient vehicle for transmitting large
volumes of gridded data to automated centres over high-speed
telecommunication lines using modern protocols. GRIB 2 can equally
well serve as a data storage format, generating the same efficiencies
relative to information storage and retrieval devices"

///a