[Moims-ipr] XFDU BB

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Jun 10 08:16:40 EDT 2008

REMINDER

You should be aware that these WGs are in a very shaky situation wrt
resources.

Let's finish the XFDU as BB

Can anybody tell me the situation before I go to Japan ?

ciao
nestor

======================================
Dear all,

I have complaint about the lack of a CMC poll for the XFDU BB and Tom answer
is attached below.

Lou & al,

please issue a new security section

ciao
nestor

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 03/06/2008 14:49 -----

             Thomas Gannett
             <tomg at aiaa.org>
             Sent by:                                                     To
             cesg-bounces at mailm         Nestor.Peccia at esa.int, "Kearney,
             an.ccsds.org               Mike W. (MSFC-EO01)"
                                        <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>, "Adrian J.
                                        Hooke" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>
             03/06/2008 14:21                                             cc
                                        CCSDS Engineering Steering Group -
                                        ADs <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>
                                                                     Subject
                                        Re: [Secretariat] [CESG] Where are
                                        MOIMS resolutions ?

Dear Nestor:

      XFDU resolution was issued 1st April 2008 (more than 2 months ago).
      MOIMS-IPR WG-R-2008-03-009, adoption of the recently approved XML
      Formatted
      Data Unit (XFDU) Standard.

I prepared the XFDU book for publication some time ago.  However, 1) Howard
Weiss indicated to Lou Reich that the existing security Section is inadequate
(see below), so the WG needs to supply an improved Security Section; and 2)
Lou Reich indicated to me at the March meetings that he would supply
better-quality graphics, which I have not received.

Issue 2) is not a show-stopper.  If MOIMS/IPR is not concerned about the
poor-quality graphics in the document, then we can publish with poor-quality
graphics (assuming the book clears the approval process).

Issue 1) MUST be resolved before the document can be published.