[Moims-ipr] Re: [Moims-dai] Liaison with ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG 11

John Garrett John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 1 14:26:05 EST 2008

Hi Nestor,

For the DAI WG, I see no problem with continuing the informal liaison
with MPEG Group.

If the MPEG Group then responds and still wants a formal liaison, I
personally don't see a problem with that based on the definition of
liaisons between ISO Subcommittees that I shared with you and Lou.  From
my reading of that the formal liaison would involve exchange of
documents and each subcommittee would allow a representative from the
other group.  The representative from the other group could take part in
technical discussion but would not have a vote in the group.  Since we
would probably allow the same representative to just join the group (and
then have a vote) anyway, I see no problem with that.

I have just sent off a message to the chair of the MPEG Group.  I copied
you and also several other people who have sent me messages and/or
copied me and/or were copied on messages already sent between the MPEG
Chair and CCSDS.

Is this enough information for you to close your action?  Let me know if
I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
-JOhn