[Moims-ipr] WHEN WILL THE XFDU RB and GB BE READY TO START AGENCY REVIEW ???

Louis Reich lreich at csc.com
Thu Sep 28 15:03:04 EDT 2006

Dear Nestor,

The short answer is Before the Colorado Springs Meeting!!!

The final version of a draft Red Book is in WG review.
 I have received editorial comments from GAEL and Danielle.
I have been waiting for other comments and will setup a telecon
 to discuss any real issues.

There is currently a  discussion within NASA on the SIP usage of XFDUs.
This was raised some other possibiilities for extensibility mechan isms
that are currently used in the Web Services domain. These changes involve
various strategies for inserting XSD:any and XSD:anyAttribute in the major
components of the XFDU to allow less complex methods for standards or
agreements that build on the XFDU.

It is possible this may add a few extension mechanism to the major XFDU
components
but we are still discussing this internally and are testing the impact on
the XFDU toolkit library.
We will discuss potential impacts to the SAFE implementation with Stephane
and Mathias
before we propose anything to the IPR group.

We will feedback the  alternatives to the  SIP and IPR working Groups
The real impact of these potential changes will be in the Green Book
discussions of XFDU specialization

We have had email exchanges and 1 telecon with Geal on XFDU Green Book
material.
 There had been a mail problem so their first contribution never got to me.
We have resolved this problem and have setup a schedule that would still
target
October 15 for a first draft of the Green Book.I expect that this would
lead to an XSG
Reviewable document no later than November 10.

ciao,
Lou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Nestor.Peccia at esa
             .int
             moims-ipr-bounces         moims-ipr at mailman.ccsds.org
             @mailman.ccsds.or                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Moims-ipr] WHEN WILL THE XFDU RB
             09/28/06 02:20 AM         and GB BE READY TO START AGENCY
                                       REVIEW ???

             Please respond to
             "MOIMS-Informatio
             n Packaging &
                Registries"
             <moims-ipr at mailma
               n.ccsds.org>

Dear all,

Please let me know

WHEN WILL THE XFDU RB and GB BE READY TO START AGENCY REVIEW ???

before or after the Colorado Spring meetings ????

ciao
nestor