[Moims-dai] Language document discussion

kearneysolutions at gmail.com kearneysolutions at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:05:15 UTC 2022

After the discussion about language binding books in our telecon this
morning, I thought I'd send the links to the SM&C documents, to show the way
they handled them.

 CCSDS 520.0-G-3 <https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/520x0g3.pdf>  Mission
Operations Services Concept (Green)

 CCSDS 521.0-B-2 <https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/521x0b2e1.pdf>  Mission
Operations Message Abstraction Layer (Magenta)

 CCSDS 522.1-B-1 <https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/522x1b1.pdf>  Mission
Operations Monitor & Control Services (Blue)

 CCSDS 523.1-M-1 <https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/523x1m1.pdf>  Mission
Operations Message Abstraction Layer--JAVA API (Magenta)

 CCSDS 523.2-M-1 <https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/523x2m1.pdf>  Mission
Operations Message Abstraction Layer--C++ API (Magenta)

The Language APIs are Magenta books, which surprised me.  I would have
thought they were testable, and would be blue.  The general rule is
Normative but not testable is Magenta, and normative and testable is blue.

But I've always said that we need to write the books with the content that
is needed, and we can decide later what color they are.  But to avoid
rework, keep separate Informative, Normative and Testable.  Like a layered
architecture, it's good practice.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

Huntsville, Alabama, USA