[Moims-dai] HETS (was Re: Orientation telecon)

Terry Longstreth terry.longstreth at comcast.net
Fri May 14 21:47:31 UTC 2021

In a wide ranging discussion this morning, lead by Mike Kearney, and
including  Rob Rovetto , John Garrett, David Giaretta, and I, we
explored the background and history of MOIMS-DAI and its place in the
CCSDS (and ISO, and AIAA, and OMG) hierologies.  Rob is interested in
Ontology and related topics, and I had encountered him indirectly
through online attendance at various sessions of the Ontology Summits
<http://ontologforum.org/index.php/OntologySummit>.   Mike was familiar
in general with OMG produced, space related standards, but was unaware
of the OMG work on ontology management represented by the DOL,
Distributed Ontology Language
<https://www.omg.org/spec/DOL/1.0/About-DOL/>.

DOL syntax and processing are available for study in a reference
implementation called HETS <http://www.hets.eu/> from the
Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany.  HETS  was developed
and is currently maintained under the direction of Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil.
Till Mossakowski, for an Ontology development and integration tool set,
and has been continuously updated and now includes support  for
inter-mixing ontologies (and other models) as well as test and
evaluation tools.

Terry