[Moims-dai] Reminder of Skype call tomorrow

kearneysolutions at gmail.com kearneysolutions at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:35:31 UTC 2021

Not so much.  I was really just trying to document what I thought we
concluded in the telecon; that OAIS-IF should be *designed* for OAIS
archives, but *usable* for non-OAIS archives.  But every good design comes
from a good set of requirements, and our requirements on OAIS-IF were going
to be almost purely framed for OAIS archives (with only minor cases to
address non-OAIS archives when necessary).

However, if the community is OK with a salient appearance of non-OAIS
archives, I'm good with that, too.  I could even be an enthusiastic
supporter of it.   OAIS-IF increases the incidence of preservation, and
enabling better preservation for non-OAIS archives would do the world some
good.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

Huntsville, Alabama, USA