[Moims-dai] Reminder of Skype call Tuesday

david at giaretta.org david at giaretta.org
Tue Mar 31 09:33:57 UTC 2020

I’ve added text and updated the Class diagram and added a UML Component Diagram in https://docs.google.com/document/d/14V0wN6nEnG2MaSMmNClRzuDrTxcB0zjv0XNw2pdYDI8/edit?usp=sharing These may make the relationship to CCSDS MAL and Mike’s PPT slide clearer.




From: MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> On Behalf Of david at giaretta.org
Sent: 30 March 2020 18:55
To: MOIMS-DAI List <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: [Moims-dai] Reminder of Skype call Tuesday


Europe has changed times so we are back to the normal timesfor our meetings in Europe – no change in USA .

Meeting: 10:00 Tuesday (EST), 1500 UK time, 1600 Paris time


Join it by clicking the link:

 <https://join.skype.com/ykyu5SIPhSnD> https://join.skype.com/ykyu5SIPhSnD


*Don't have Skype yet? Download it before you join  <https://www.skype.com> https://www.skype.com


General schedule:

Tuesday of the month


Technical Editor(s)


ISO 16363    Audit and Certification Metrics

John Garrett, David Giaretta


IPELTU Info Preservation Enabling Long-Term Usage

David Giaretta, Roberta Svanetti


OAIS-IF DAADD    OAIS Interoperability Framework – Digital Archive Architecture Design Doc

Steve Hughes


OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks



OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks




Draft agenda this week (5th Tuesday of the month): Status updates on items 1-3. The main discussion should be item 5 – the OAIS-IF, but we can also talk about item 4 (ISO 16363).


1.	We are using  <http://review.oais.info> http://review.oais.info  to track actions – see  <http://review.oais.info/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=2522&order=Importance&product=ACTIONS&query_format=specific> http://review.oais.info/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=2522&order=Importance&product=ACTIONS&query_format=specific
2.	IPELTU – awaiting input from me - apologies.
3.	OAIS – updates should have been forwarded to CCSDS secretariat.
4.	ISO 16363 – we need be thinking about specific changes to discuss in a few weeks.

a.	Steve circulated documents  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9g0we2yu56w1ik/02_White_Book_Recommended_Standard_OAIS-IF_Draft_191216%20v5.3%20NewSection3%20%281%29.doc?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9g0we2yu56w1ik/02_White_Book_Recommended_Standard_OAIS-IF_Draft_191216%20v5.3%20NewSection3%20%281%29.doc?dl=0 ,  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x07qnsit8suhhq1/index_0300%20%282%29.html?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x07qnsit8suhhq1/index_0300%20%282%29.html?dl=0 and diagram  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jcyrm50h4i59ks/Information_Model_Package_200102.jpg?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jcyrm50h4i59ks/Information_Model_Package_200102.jpg?dl=0 and spreadsheet of MicroServices at  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/gstbbh2vk3uq2un/MicroServices_191210_Generalized.xlsx?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gstbbh2vk3uq2un/MicroServices_191210_Generalized.xlsx?dl=0 
b.	I set up a shared Google doc for concept papers relevant to OAIS-IF, which have both had text and concepts added

                                                                           i.      Concept paper on how ro get RepInfo needed – see https://docs.google.com/document/d/14V0wN6nEnG2MaSMmNClRzuDrTxcB0zjv0XNw2pdYDI8/edit?usp=sharing

c.	Steve circulated some updated diagrams 2 weeks ago: 

                                                                           i.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfl24uq3zfvc6it/Information_Model_Package_Mapping_Transform.jpg?dl=0

                                                                         ii.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul1x2i3wk9gs6x7/Information_Model_Package_Messaging.jpg?dl=0

                                                                       iii.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/tckffig3676bwwc/Information_Model_Package_Request_Response.jpg?dl=0 

d.	Mark sent an email which some people did not receive:



Steve asked me to write down my question from the end of today's meeting so that we can discuss them later if necessary. I actually had several questions.


Does the OAIS-IF require changes to the OAIS Reference Model?


I think I heard the answer was no.


Does the OAIS-IF require changes to ISO 16363?


I think I heard the answer was no.


What additional burdens does an OAIS take on if it decides to implement the OAIS-IF?


I think I heard a variety of opinions on this.


Why would an OAIS want to take on these additional burdens?


I think I heard to support cross-discipline research.


Given that researchers are already figuring out ways to acquire and combine information from multiple sources - including across disciplines - will OAIS-IF be cost effective?


The only thing I remember hearing about this was from Mike. I think I heard him say that he had presented the OAIS-IF concept multiple times and no one had raised the issue of cost effectiveness.


Who will develop the plug-ins that will be necessary for the OAIS-IF to work.


I think I heard CCSDS will develop the plugins for space data.


Hope this is useful.










-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/moims-dai/attachments/20200331/0a8accf9/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the MOIMS-DAI mailing list