[Moims-dai] Reminder of Skype call Tuesday

david at giaretta.org david at giaretta.org
Mon Apr 6 17:38:10 UTC 2020

Meeting: 10:00 Tuesday (EST), 1500 UK time, 1600 Paris time


Join it by clicking the link:

 <https://join.skype.com/ykyu5SIPhSnD> https://join.skype.com/ykyu5SIPhSnD


*Don't have Skype yet? Download it before you join  <https://www.skype.com> https://www.skype.com


General schedule:

Tuesday of the month


Technical Editor(s)


ISO 16363    Audit and Certification Metrics

John Garrett, David Giaretta


IPELTU Info Preservation Enabling Long-Term Usage

David Giaretta, Roberta Svanetti


OAIS-IF DAADD    OAIS Interoperability Framework – Digital Archive Architecture Design Doc

Steve Hughes


OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks



OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks




Draft agenda this week (1st Tuesday of the month): Status updates on items 1-3. The main discussion should be item 5 – the OAIS-IF, but we can also talk about item 4 (ISO 16363).


1.	We are using  <http://review.oais.info> http://review.oais.info  to track actions – see  <http://review.oais.info/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=2522&order=Importance&product=ACTIONS&query_format=specific> http://review.oais.info/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&list_id=2522&order=Importance&product=ACTIONS&query_format=specific
2.	IPELTU – awaiting input from me - apologies.
3.	OAIS – waiting for confirmation from Peter Shames.
4.	ISO 16363 – we need be thinking about specific changes to discuss in a few weeks.

a.	Steve circulated documents  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9g0we2yu56w1ik/02_White_Book_Recommended_Standard_OAIS-IF_Draft_191216%20v5.3%20NewSection3%20%281%29.doc?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9g0we2yu56w1ik/02_White_Book_Recommended_Standard_OAIS-IF_Draft_191216%20v5.3%20NewSection3%20%281%29.doc?dl=0 ,  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x07qnsit8suhhq1/index_0300%20%282%29.html?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x07qnsit8suhhq1/index_0300%20%282%29.html?dl=0 and diagram  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jcyrm50h4i59ks/Information_Model_Package_200102.jpg?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jcyrm50h4i59ks/Information_Model_Package_200102.jpg?dl=0 and spreadsheet of MicroServices at  <https://www.dropbox.com/s/gstbbh2vk3uq2un/MicroServices_191210_Generalized.xlsx?dl=0> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gstbbh2vk3uq2un/MicroServices_191210_Generalized.xlsx?dl=0 
b.	I set up a shared Google doc for concept papers relevant to OAIS-IF, which have both had text and concepts added

                                                                           i.      Concept paper on how ro get RepInfo needed – see https://docs.google.com/document/d/14V0wN6nEnG2MaSMmNClRzuDrTxcB0zjv0XNw2pdYDI8/edit?usp=sharing

                                                                         ii.      I’ve added text and updated the Class diagram and added a UML Component Diagram in https://docs.google.com/document/d/14V0wN6nEnG2MaSMmNClRzuDrTxcB0zjv0XNw2pdYDI8/edit?usp=sharing These may make the relationship to CCSDS MAL and Mike’s PPT slide clearer.

c.	Steve circulated some updated diagrams 2 weeks ago: 

                                                                           i.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfl24uq3zfvc6it/Information_Model_Package_Mapping_Transform.jpg?dl=0

                                                                         ii.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul1x2i3wk9gs6x7/Information_Model_Package_Messaging.jpg?dl=0

                                                                       iii.      https://www.dropbox.com/s/tckffig3676bwwc/Information_Model_Package_Request_Response.jpg?dl=0 

d.	Mark sent an email which some people did not receive:



Steve asked me to write down my question from the end of today's meeting so that we can discuss them later if necessary. I actually had several questions.


Does the OAIS-IF require changes to the OAIS Reference Model?


I think I heard the answer was no.


Does the OAIS-IF require changes to ISO 16363?


I think I heard the answer was no.


What additional burdens does an OAIS take on if it decides to implement the OAIS-IF?


I think I heard a variety of opinions on this.


Why would an OAIS want to take on these additional burdens?


I think I heard to support cross-discipline research.


Given that researchers are already figuring out ways to acquire and combine information from multiple sources - including across disciplines - will OAIS-IF be cost effective?


The only thing I remember hearing about this was from Mike. I think I heard him say that he had presented the OAIS-IF concept multiple times and no one had raised the issue of cost effectiveness.


Who will develop the plug-ins that will be necessary for the OAIS-IF to work.


I think I heard CCSDS will develop the plugins for space data.


Hope this is useful.










-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/moims-dai/attachments/20200406/221b3f1f/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the MOIMS-DAI mailing list