[Moims-dai] R: Reminder of Skype call today

Roberta Svanetti Roberta.Svanetti at dedagroup.it
Tue Oct 1 13:38:58 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please find a summary of the main discussed items and my notes from our Tuesday 9/24/19 teleconference.
Please feel free to integrate with your notes and correct as necessary.


MOIMS DAI WG – 9/24/2019 Skype call  Notes:

  1.  Finalization of OAIS review – The document shared by DG 20190924, reflects changes from Roberta and the WG team. TL noted that incongruencies between definitions and concepts expressed in chapters 2 and 3 still exists and additional changes in definition are required. Action:  TL will send to DG a list with the changes to be integrated.

  1.  OAIS IF - the discussion on accessing to the descriptive information continued. The usage of finding aids was discussed again as well as the need of specific plugins definition. RS shown as an example, how the Access to Memory ( AToM ) tool supports and generates Finding Aids for Digital Archive accessibility from the authorized users of the designated community. The tool supports via RESTfull API taxonomies browsing, digital object searches and digital object descriptive information browsing including Finding Aids file generation according to the ISAD guidelines.

  1.  JG shared the project plan with next DAI projects deadlines. As priority 1, the Team must finalize the draft of Architecture IF Bluebook in order to achieve the 20 October deadline in the MOIMS DAI WG Project Plan. This architecture must be considered as a basic OAIS-IF model, that enables OAISes Archives to share DIPs by involved organization and system. The related use cases must also be finalized by the 20 October.

  1.  Starting from this basic model, the WG should also innovate and introduce additional abstractions and formal specifications to enable systems or software to explore semantically the digital objects and related specific vocabularies in the interoperable OAIS archives, applying techniques of Natural Processing Language (NPL), as well expert system and building knowledge ontologies. RS will check with ESA Team about the experience they are doing for data exploitation and discovery from different disciplines.

Roberta Svanetti
Area Digital Knowledge Life - Operations Manager

T 02 57775690 | M 335 7294121 | VoIP 905690
Dedagroup Spa – Sede di Cassina de Pecchi (MI), c/o Cassina Plaza – Edificio F2 Via Roma, 108

[cid:image001.png at 01D5786E.56A3D1D0]

Da: MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> Per conto di David Giaretta
Inviato: martedì 1 ottobre 2019 10:46
A: MOIMS-DAI List <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>
Oggetto: [Moims-dai] Reminder of Skype call today

Meeting: 10:00 Tuesday (EST), 1500 UK time, 1600 Paris time

Apologies - I will not be able to make the call today.

Join it by clicking the link:


*Don't have Skype yet? Download it before you join https://www.skype.com<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.skype.com&data=02%7C01%7CRoberta.Svanetti%40dedagroup.it%7Cf0609b7b03f94ec222da08d7464bc9b4%7Cbbf156d433fa4fee86f62cfcb1359ef0%7C1%7C0%7C637055163633912267&sdata=B%2F6fOA3KdkyEOAdutPLhezX1ceHB4V9GC%2Bbgwm8dg8A%3D&reserved=0>

General schedule:

Tuesday of the month
Technical Editor(s)

ISO 16363    Audit and Certification Metrics
John Garrett, David Giaretta


IPELTU Info Preservation Enabling Long-Term Usage

David Giaretta


OAIS-IF DAADD    OAIS Interoperability Framework – Digital Archive Architecture Design Doc

Steve Hughes


OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks


OAIS update finalization, Group administration, Planning, new projects, or special issues identified other weeks

Draft agenda this week (1st Tuesday of the month):

  1.  ISO 16363 suggested changes are available on http://review.oais.info<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Freview.oais.info&data=02%7C01%7CRoberta.Svanetti%40dedagroup.it%7Cf0609b7b03f94ec222da08d7464bc9b4%7Cbbf156d433fa4fee86f62cfcb1359ef0%7C1%7C0%7C637055163633922275&sdata=HvzU5q3y%2BgNsvkIIx6qswqGb7EAMX0NGUE0P%2Bz0d7g8%3D&reserved=0>
  2.  OAIS-IF – Steve emailed an update 23 Sept.



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/moims-dai/attachments/20191001/46fb60fd/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.png
Type: image/png
Size: 68483 bytes
Desc: image001.png
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/moims-dai/attachments/20191001/46fb60fd/attachment-0001.png>

More information about the MOIMS-DAI mailing list