[Moims-dai] Architecture Description

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Tue Jun 11 13:16:53 UTC 2019

Hi Steve

I can understand why get/setDataObject and get/putRepresentationInformation are methods in Information_Object but I don’t understand why get/putInformationObjectMetadata is there. Also don’t understand the difference between get/setPID and get/putIdentificationInformation. Also what is the difference between put and set?

I cannot understand why Content_Information (a sub-type of Information_Object) shows methods get/putPreservationDescriptionInformation.  That would normally indicate that these are additional methods in addition to those which Information_Object has – but why?

Is there are mix-up between Information_Object and Information_Package?

I suspect that part of my confusion arises from using the ontology rather than a UML tool to create the diagrams etc. but that would not explain my questions/comments above.

Regards

..David