[Moims-dai] FW: [IIPC - PWG] PWG Databases URL

Mike Kearney kearneysolutions at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:06:37 UTC 2018

DAI folks:  Below is an email from the IIPC <http://netpreserve.org/>  Preservation Working Group <http://netpreserve.org/about-us/working-groups/preservation-working-group/>  chair that provides a link to their databases <http://gator3282.temp.domains/~iipc/pwg/> .  They are publically accessible, and login is required only for editing.  I’m sending it to the DAI WG list because the various databases (Organizations, Environments, Software, etc…) may be of interest or use to the preservation community in general.

They are also having a discussion about how to utilize these databases.  Main questions are:

*         What should we do with the databases?

*         How should the databases be used?

*         How often should the databases be updated with new content?

*         How should the databases be promoted?

Since I participate in the PWG telecons, if you have inputs, you can send them to me and I can relay them to the PWG community.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

Huntsville, Alabama, USA