[Moims-dai] PV2018 call for abstracts deadline

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Mon Feb 19 18:28:54 UTC 2018

Apologies for duplicate mailings. I've been asked to circulate this email on
behalf of the PV 2018 committee.

..David

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

This is a gentle reminder that the abstract submission deadline for PV2018
is 28th Feb 2018.  The conference series has traditionally focussed on the
domain of data preservation, stewardship and value adding of scientific data
and research related information. However, we are also entering the era of
big data; for this conference year we would like to extend a special invite
to large-scale scientific archives so we can facilitate discussion of
emergent issues across scientific domains. As we move to new and exciting
technology age, we are seeing large-scale collaborations occurring on state
of art virtual research environments and novel collaborative
infrastructures.  We would invite participation from projects, organisations
or individuals developing novel data services within or as a result of these
environments. This includes smaller bespoke archives wishing to integrate
with larger data holdings to generate targeted knowledge and data services.

The PV2018 Conference offers several session formats:

  *   Oral Sessions

  *   Poster Sessions

Regular papers for oral and poster presentations are selected on the basis
of the submission on
Easychair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pv2018> and a
peer-reviewed by the Programme
Committee<http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/pv2018-programme-and-organisa
tion-committe/>.  Full instructions for the abstract submission and review
process can be found
here<http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/call-for-abstracts/>. Talks,
Demos, Exhibitions and Campus Tours are also planned so please check the
conference website regularly for updates.

http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/

If you require any further information please contact Esther Conway:
esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk
<mailto:esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk%3cmailto:esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk>
<mailto:esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk> . We look forward to welcoming you to the
conference in May 2018

Kind Regards

Professor Tony Hey

Chief Data Scientist and PV2018 conference chair STFC Rutherford Appleton
Laboratory Harwell Campus Didcot, OX11 0QX UK