[Moims-dai] Report on RDA attendance

Mike Kearney kearneysolutions at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:03:25 UTC 2017

DAI WG colleagues:  Attached is my brief report on my attendance at the RDA
last week in Montreal.  FYI.  Overall, our notional, draft architecture
concepts were well-received.  Some attendees expressed questions about
advanced technology (Restful, HTML5) which we have already discussed in DAI.
There were also some questions about open source and about applicability to
non-OAIS archives.  Of course, I responded by saying those topics would be
discussed downstream of the current stage of architecture development.

Overall, we accomplished the objective of getting some peer review and
outreach.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

Huntsville, Alabama, USA