[Moims-dai] PV2018 adding value and preserving data

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Thu Nov 30 22:04:09 UTC 2017

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

=====================

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are pleased to announce the opening of the website for the 9th PV
Conference, <http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/>  PV 2018 which will be
held from to 15th - 17th May 2018. The 2018 conference will be hosted by
UKSA at the STFC Rutherford Appleton
<http://www.stfc.ac.uk/about-us/where-we-work/rutherford-appleton-laboratory
/>  Laboratory located in the Harwell Campus Space Cluster
<http://www.stfc.ac.uk/innovation/campuses/harwell-campus-space-cluster/> ,
Oxfordshire, UK.   If you are interested in participating, please remember
that the abstract submission deadline is 28th Feb 2018.

The conference series has traditionally focussed on the domain of data
preservation, stewardship and value adding of scientific data and research
related information. However we are also entering the era of big data; for
this conference year we would like to extend a special invite to large-scale
scientific archives so we can facilitate discussion of emergent issues
across scientific domains. As we move to new and exciting technology age, we
are seeing large-scale collaborations occurring on state of art virtual
research environments and novel collaborative infrastructures.  We would
invite participation from projects, organisations or individuals developing
novel data services within or as a result of these environments. This
includes smaller bespoke archives wishing to integrate with larger data
holdings to generate targeted knowledge and data services.

The PV2018 Conference offers several session formats:

*	Oral Sessions
*	Poster Sessions

Regular papers for oral and poster presentations are selected on the basis
of the submission on Easychair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pv2018>  and a peer-reviewed by the
Programme Committee
<http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/pv2018-programme-and-organisation-comm
itte/> .  Full instructions for the abstract submission and review process
can be found here <http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/call-for-abstracts/>
. Talks, Demos, Exhibitions and Campus Tours are also planned so please
check the conference website regularly for updates.

http://www.ceda.ac.uk/contact/pv2018/

If you require any further information please contact Esther Conway:
esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk <mailto:esther.conway at stfc.ac.uk>

We look forward to welcoming you to the conference in May 2018

Kind Regards

Professor Tony Hey

Chief Data Scientist and PV2018 conference chair

STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory

Harwell Campus

Didcot, OX11 0QX

UK