[Moims-dai] Fw: ISO 19165-2 - Extension to IPELTU as discussed during the WG Meeting to include Space Mission Information CheckList by end of March 2018

Rosemarie.Leone at esa.int Rosemarie.Leone at esa.int
Thu Nov 9 16:13:57 UTC 2017

Dear all,

in relation to the extension of the IPELTU to  include in annex  the high
level check list/description of the contents that organisation must
preserve for Space Mission discussed with Brigitte and Mario,  find
attached the CEOS best practice for the long term  preservation of Earth
Observation Data

You will find the description of the WG activities here
http://ceos.org/ourwork/workinggroups/wgiss/ and  all list of documents
relevant to preservation at this link
http://ceos.org/ourwork/workinggroups/wgiss/documents/

Below the proposal for the ISO TC 211  that will provide a description of
the contents that organizations must preserve to ensure that the data and
derived digital products resulting from Earth observing missions (remote
sensing with airborne and spaceborne instruments, and in situ measurements
such as those from field campaigns) remain usable and understandable in
order to support long-term future scientific research.

The ISO TC proposal is meanwhile approved and Rama (
hampapuram.ramapriya at ssaihq.com) who is leading this activities merging
the preserved data set content defined by NASA and ESA. I might ask Rama
join the group on the status of the document finalisation for Earth
Observation Payload Data

I confirmed at the Plenary that the DAI WG took the commitment to work at
the check list and finalise by end of March the appendix extension, hope
everybody is on board!!!

Thanks a lot to send me the list developed for the planetary mission, I
will start collecting all input compiled so far and circulate it for the
incoming webex!

I volunteer to be the book captain for the extension check list. for Space
Mission. If some of you would like to volunteer  on the second proposed
example (Digital Libraries Content) it is a nice to have to include it by
the deadline (31/03/2018).

Below my address details! Thanks a lot for the very productive meetings
and insights on interoperability!!

Regards, Rosemarie

ESA - European Space Agency
Rosemarie Leone | ESA Information Technology Department
ESRIN | Via Galileo Galilei, 00044 Frascati, Rome, Italy
Tel +39 06 94188855 | M. +39 (0) 348 2310029
rosemarie.leone at esa.int | www.esa.int

----- Forwarded by Rosemarie Leone/esrin/ESA on 09/11/2017 16:40 -----