[Moims-dai] Some suggested IPELTU updates

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias L. Hemmje Matthias.Hemmje at fernuni-hagen.de
Mon May 8 08:27:38 UTC 2017

Good morning,

I have just boarded my flight to Huston and will arrive in San Antonio
tonight.

I will participate in the meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday.

As you are starting to discuss the current IPELTU version this afternoon,

I have read it now for the first time and would be interested to learn,

How it will support policies.

Reading the document, I could not find anything about policies although

their relevance and importance is currently widely discussed in the related
work

of all relevant communities.

There are at least two types of policies that have to be considered.

The first type of policies, are the more high level formal, i.e., legal or
contractual

policies that all projects have to comply with when performing DMP as well
as

corresponding IPELTU activies. Typically they are only available in non
machine-

readable ways, i.e., as parts of funding/grant agreements, legal frameworks,
etc.

The second type of policies is more related to the actual execution of Data
Management

Operations, and deals with securing redundancy, intregrity, authenticity as
well as

Security in general during collection management time. Some of them can
already be represented

In machine readable formats as rules or similar.

We have been doing some work in this area as related to Dynamic DMPs being
able

To comply with all sorts of such policies and could support this knowledge
domain also

in the IPELTU document, if this was deemed appropriate.

Maybe you can already address this already at the side this afternoon, so I
can get some feedback from ypu

during tomorrow.

Best regards

Matthias Hemmje

FernUniversität Hagen                     Phone:  +49-2331-987-304
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias L. Hemmje Fax:        +49-2331-987-4487
Universitätsstrasse 1                        Email:
Matthias.Hemmje at fernuni-hagen.de
D-58097 Hagen, Germany               Web:
<http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/> http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/