[Moims-dai] CMC resolution

John Garrett garrett at his.com
Mon Jun 19 16:50:37 UTC 2017

Hi Nestor,

We know the people we were interacting with ISO CASCO which was the
leadership there.  What we did was ask CCSDS to set up a formal Liaison
relationship with them and the secretariat was working on that.  We just
didn't know who ISO CASCO was appointing as the official representative for
the formal relationship.  I'm sure our informal contacts will continue also.
The formal relationship is useful to us because we get formal access to
their notifications and  automatically get copies of their draft standards.
Some of their standards underly our CCSDS DAI standards.

OK, we will handle our NISO contacts informally.  The last person there that
I've interacted with is Executive Director, Todd Carpenter.  I've also
informally talked with Sayeed Choudrey, a Director of NISO and Associate
Dean of Library at Johns Hopkins University where I got my  Masters degree.

We'll handle it as informal for now and renew it formally if needed.

Peace and joy,

-JOhn