[Moims-dai] CMC resolution

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Fri Jun 16 14:57:15 UTC 2017

Yes

 Sent from my iPhone using IBM Verse

 On 16. Jun 2017, 17:51:37, kearneysolutions at gmail.com wrote:

 From: kearneysolutions at gmail.com
 To: Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
 Cc: moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org
 Date: 16. Jun 2017 17:51:37
 Subject: RE: [Moims-dai] CMC resolution

      Looks good, Nestor!  Thanks a bunch.  That resolution must have been passed at the CMC meeting this week, right?

   We are considering writing a paper for SpaceOps, and the abstract due date is in a few weeks (July 6).  I assume this resolution means it’s OK for DAI to talk to external groups like SpaceOps to get feedback from externals on our notional architecture concept.  But in cases where there is a CCSDS Liaison, we go through the Liaison.  Is all that a correct interpretation?

      -=- Mike

   Mike Kearney
   Huntsville, Alabama, USA

   From: MOIMS-DAI [mailto:moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Nestor.Peccia at esa.intSent: Friday, June 16, 2017 5:50 AMTo: MOIMS DAI List <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>Subject: [Moims-dai] CMC resolution

   The CMC resolves that: (1) The CMC recognizes the notional architecture as proposed by the DAI WG as a good basis for planning DAI’s future work in the digital archive arena. (2) The CMC recognizes that for the work of the Digital Archive Ingest Working Group, it is important to interact with a community larger than the nominal CCSDS space agencies and for the ISO participation to be encouraged during the CCSDS Agency Review phase, in order to avoid extensive delays and rework in later ISO review phases.  The CMC therefore resolves to express support for the inclusion of the ISO community in such review.