[Moims-dai] Clarifications about Descriptive Information and Package Description

John Garrett garrett at his.com
Fri Jan 6 07:45:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

I mostly agree with David's response, except I would say that Package
Descriptions are derived from, associated with and describe (rather than are
part of) AIPs.  So in general if you know what you are doing you should be
able to generate any particular Package Description from the AIP and
probably some additional location/storage info.

As David said Package Descriptions are a type of or component  of
Descriptive Information.  So they are very closely related.  The distinction
is just that Descriptive Information could have other information that is
not a Package Description.  Perhaps one thing that might be valuable to have
in Descriptive Information is a general description of how Package
Descriptions are generated from AIPs.

Peace and Joy,

-JOhn