[Moims-dai] Change in URLs for documents

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Tue Sep 6 15:12:24 UTC 2016

Dear Secretariat

A colleague pointed out to me that the URLs for documents on the website
have recently been changed. For example, the link to OAIS - the most
downloaded CCSDS document, and one to which a huge number of published
papers point - has been changed!

It used to be http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/652x0m2.pdf but
it is now https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/650x0m2.pdf

Please at least put in a re-direct so that "publications/archive" goes to
"Pubs" so the millions of references will continue to work - or else move
things back to the way they were because there are so many references to all
the CCSDS documents.

This is especially critical right now for OAIS because we have just sent out
the "old" link for the 5 year review - it makes CCSDS look incompetent.

I also note that the website has a robots.txt which can prevent harvesting
of the website - it would be useful if that could also be changed because it
is important that our CCSDS documents are discoverable.

Regards