[Moims-dai] Notes from Today's Meeting

Mark Conrad mark.conrad at nara.gov
Tue Mar 29 15:23:10 UTC 2016

Attendees: David Giaretta, Mike Kearny, John Garrett, Terry Longstreth, Bob
Downs, Mark Conrad

The main topic of today's meeting was preparing for our meeting with Vint
Cerf next Monday afternoon.

We came up with a list of topics we would like to discuss and ideas for
slides to accompany some of those topics.

Genealogy of Digital Preservation Initiatives - *Use Bruce Ambacher's Slide*

Genealogy of CCSDS/ISO Standards Related to Digital Preservation - *Need
someone to make or locate a slide we can use for this.*

*Bob Downs*' Presentation on Changes at SEDAC as a Result of the Test Audit

Migration v Emulation

NSF Brown Dog Project - *Mark Conrad* to develop a few slides

How to Combine Old Data with New when Using Emulation -* David* to develop
some slides
Work with DFDL, EAST, DRB - *David* to develop some slides

Upcoming Revision to OAIS - no slides needed

Need to get the Auditing Infrastructure Set Up - no slides needed

Backup Materials:

Selected Slides from Module 3 - OAIS Concepts -* Mark* to select some slides

Background Slides on ISO 16363 - *need someone to put together/select some
slides*

Actions (in addition to the slide assignments listed above):

David: Reset John's password  for slides.iso16363.org
All: Send slides for Monday's presentation to the group via email by COB
Thursday.
All: Determine if we want to have a rehearsal on Friday at 1:30 EDT
John: Secure the CCSDS Webex account information and permission to use it
if we decide to have a meeting on Friday.
All: Volunteer to prepare slides for those topics where no one has already
volunteered.

Hope I have captured most of what we discussed. Please weigh in with
corrections, additions, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Conrad
NARA Information Services
IAS
The National Archives and Records Administration
Erma Ora Byrd Conference and Learning Center
Building 494 Second Floor
610 State Route 956
Rocket Center, WV  26726

Phone: 304-726-7820