[Moims-dai] Digital Archive Architecture Design Document Project Plan

John Garrett garrett at his.com
Thu Dec 8 20:01:12 UTC 2016

Thanks.

Good luck with your presentation.

From: MOIMS-DAI [mailto:moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Robert R Downs
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:05 AM
To: moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: Re: [Moims-dai] Digital Archive Architecture Design Document Project Plan

Hi John,

Since I will be attending the 2016 Fall AGU Meeting next week and will not be able to join the telecon, I am sharing my response with you now.

The draft looks good. I do not have any objections to the later ending date and believe that it is better to be realistic about the times that tasks will take and even to include appropriate buffers for unexpected or potential delays instead of creating schedules based on unrealistic time predictions that cannot be achieved.

Thanks,

Bob

Robert R. Downs, PhD
Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
Acting Head of Cyberinfrastructure and Informatics Research and Development
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
The Earth Institute, Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
E-mail: rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu <mailto:rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu>
Columbia University CIESIN Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
ORCID: 0000-0002-8595-5134