[Moims-dai] Nominations for the chair of the MOIMS Data Ingestion Archive (DAI) WG

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Tue Oct 6 14:22:13 UTC 2015

Dear CMC members,

As you know, the MOIMS/DAI WG is lead by the chair Daniele Boucon (CNES)
and the deputy chair David Giarretta (UKSA). Brigitte and I have been
officially informed by CNES that - unfortunately - Daniele will step down
from her role of chair of the DAI WG after the CCSDS Fall 2015 meeting in
order to cope with other assignments within CNES. Fortunately, David will
maintain his role as deputy chair, which guarantees continuity in the work
of the DAI WG.

According to the CCSDS rules, the MOIMS AD/DAD have to make a proposal on
the WG chair for CESG's approval. In order to be fair with all CCSDS
member Agencies, I would like request the member agencies to to nominate
qualified candidates to the position of DAI WG chair. Please respond
before the 23Oct15 and, in case you propose some one, please provide some
information on his/her relevant experience and background.

Let me take this opportunity to thank Daniele for her incredible work and
leadership in the DAI WG and her great contribution to the CCSDS. As newly
appointed MOIMS AD, I have had the opportunity to be more involved in the
activities of DAI and, on top of all the published books by the DAI that
are evident to everyone, I can report with no doubt that Daniele has been
doing an incredible work in leading her WG which is not visible from
outside. Thank you Daniele and all the best on your future assignments!

Many thanks,

__Mario