[Moims-dai] LTDP Preservation Workflow

Boucon Daniele Daniele.Boucon at cnes.fr
Mon Nov 3 18:18:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As promised, please find enclosed a document (synthetic view of the LTDP preservation workflow), and a slide on the Stewardship/Curation/preservation concepts received from the LTDP.

This could be the input for a generic ICP.

This will be presented tomorrow during the LTDP meeting.

All comments are welcome.

Here are my first comments:

[Boucon Daniele] 1. First of all, I fully agree with the simplification of the workflow with a limited number of main steps, it is clearer and easier to understand with synthetic diagrams, even if we have not exactly the same grouping at CNES.

[Boucon Daniele] 2. I'd suggest to add a sort of "end point", that could be, after the preservation period (defined at the initialization phase), a decision point (keep on maintaining the data set for a time period to define, delete part/all of the data set, transfer the data set).

[Boucon Daniele] 3. I'd also propose to update and simplify the definitions according to the discussion we had the 22nd September (e.g. value adding better in Stewardship?).

Best regards,

Daniele