[Lunar-Interoperability-Forum] FW: JAXA presentation proposal in the Lunar Interoperability Forum

murata.masaya at jaxa.jp murata.masaya at jaxa.jp
Mon Apr 1 00:33:41 UTC 2024

Dear Organization Committee,

Thank you very much for organizing the Lunar Interoperability Forum.
The following is our presentation proposal:

1.    Who will participate.

  1.  Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), Dr. Masaya Murata, Lunar PNT lead, murata.masaya at jaxa.jp<mailto:murata.masaya at jaxa.jp>

2.    How you want to participate:

  1.  In person

3.    Proposed presentation of max. 10 minutes (preferably in person)

  1.  Japan Lunar Navigation Satellite System (LNSS) and Its Contribution Towards Lunar Augmented Navigation Service (LANS)
  2.  JAXA is now participating in the LunaNet Interoperability Specification (LNIS) Working Group for the interoperability among future lunar Comm&Nav (CPNT) systems. We are working with ESA/NASA for the joint establishment of the Lunar Augmented Navigation Service (LANS) that becomes the “Moon GNSS” and its first-ever interoperability and lunar PNT demonstration targeting in 2028. In this talk, I will present the current status of our Lunar Navigation Satellite System (LNSS) and ongoing international collaboration with ESA/NASA. I will also provide the latest on the upcoming lunar PNT panel at the ION GNSS+2024 and the joint ICG-IOAG multilateral cislunar PNT workshop.

Best regards,

Masaya

Masaya Murata
Japan Aerospace eXploration Agency