[Css-rasg] Re: Exomars Reference model

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 13 11:08:25 EDT 2011

Gert,

They are design / architecture decisions, as opposed to implementation decisions.  Design is what you are going to do and how you organize the system to do it.  Implementation is how you create and deploy the parts that become the operational system.  It's two separate phases.  Almost all of RASDS is focused upon architecture rather than implementation, although the Connectivity View and Communications View certainly get into the topics of where things will be deployed.  But none of this is about how to implement the system in detail, I.e languages, styles, code, etc.

I agree that this is part of a continuum, and depending on preference some people naturally drive toward the implementation end while others operate at the architecture end or work the process from front to back.

Regards, Peter