[Css-rasg] Re: [Css-csa] RASIG vs. CSA

Takahiro Yamada tyamada at pub.isas.jaxa.jp
Tue Oct 19 07:27:19 EDT 2010

Peter,

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

> While reading SCCSA1.1 I did find a few things that I thought were
> inconsistent, and I am attaching a marked up version.

Thank you for your markups.

> The first is that while the SCCSA1.1 is called a Cross Support
> Architecture it is really more of a Reference Architecture.

I agree completely.

> Second, there is some inconsistency in the document as to whether it
> is addressing only IOAG Service Catalog 1 services, which are
> essentially traditional, single space link, single hop, MOC – ground
> station - spacecraft (i.e. ABA) configurations, or if it is intended
> to address space relay and internetworking configurations as
> addressed in IOAG Service Catalog 2.

I think it should address both Catalogs 1 and 2.

I showed the attached diagram at the meeting in Portsmouth in May,
and, after discussion, we decided that the two architecture books on
the right side, i.e, Space Communication Cross Support Architecture
(Link Level) and Space Communication Cross Support Architecture
(Network Level), should be merged.

I am already in Europe (at ESTEC) this week, and look forward to
seeing you in London next week.

Best regards,
Takahiro Yamada