[Css-rasg] RASIG vs. CSA

Takahiro Yamada tyamada at pub.isas.jaxa.jp
Mon Oct 4 21:02:52 EDT 2010

Erik,

At the RA SIG, we have identified some scenarios and generated some
viewpoint descriptions, but I think we should discuss at this point:

1) What the products of the RA WG (which will be created from the
outcome of the RA SIG) should contain, and

2) The relationship between the CCSDS RA that this WG will develop and
the Cross Support Architecture that the CSA WG is developing.

The CSA WG already has a draft document (attached here) that specifies
a reference architecture to be used to define or describe space
communication cross support services. It defines four viewpoints and a
guideline for describing space communications scenarios using the four
viewpoints.

CCSDS must not publish overlapping or contradicting documents and we
need to agree on what should be specified by RA WG and what by CSA WG.

In the materials that the RA SIG have collected so far, the
relationship between the scenarios and the viewpoints is not clear. In
the CSA document, however, scenarios must be presented using the
viewpoints (see Annex A of the attached document). We should discuss
this point, too.

I think the RA SIG should address these points during the London
meeting for a half day (for example), and the CSA WG should join them
in this session.

Please let me hear what you think.

Best regards,
Takahiro Yamada