[Css-csts] Update FR work table spreadsheet on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Nov 3 14:22:37 UTC 2021

CSTSWG colleagues ---
As agreed at yesterday's Webex session, I have updated the FR work table spreadsheet - fr_work_table-2021-11-03_Tiers-1_-2andFuture .xslx - to represent the current status of FR development and plans and posted it on the CWE
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Functional%20Resources%20Definition/fr_work_table-2021-11-03_Tiers-1_-2andFuture.xlsx?d=we852741be03843748c4bd89dc49a12ff

Consistent with the decision that we made in a previous meeting, I have replaced specifically-named and allocated future FRs for which we're uncertain about the specific number and/or allocation of functionality with a more-general description of the functions to be performed by that FR Set, without specific OID digits assigned to them.

Note that in the case of the SDLP FR Sets, there is a mix of concrete FRs (i.e., the MC and VC Mux and Demux FRs, most of which are in Tier-1 or Tier-2) that have OID digits, and the higher-layer SDLP for which no specific FR allocation has been made or OID digits assigned.

Also Note that the "Complete" version of the FRM Magenta Book, which is really now just a WG-internal Tech Note, may have some preliminary ideas for future FR allocation that might be useful if and when these functions are addressed in the FRM in the future.

Best regards,
John