[Css-csts] Updated FR work table on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Oct 29 19:31:59 UTC 2020

CSTSWG colleagues ---
Today we selected the set of FRs that we are targetting for Tier-2. Holger posted the updated spreadsheet to the CWE. However, as I mentioned during the review, I had slightly mangled the order of the VLF and FLF MC and VC Demux and Reception FRs. I have corrected those errors. I have also assigned responsibility to myself for the following  tier-2 FRs:

-        TC PLOP, Sync, and Channel Decoding;

-        FLF USLP MC Demux and Reception; and

-        FLF USLP VC Demux and Reception;

The VLF USLP MC Demux and Reception and VLF USLP VC Demux and Reception FRs are still listed as "Wolfgang/John?" - I think that these will be mostly copies of the FLF versions but for now I defer making a hard assignment.

The resulting spreadsheet has been posted to the CWE at
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Functional%20Resources%20Definition/fr_work_table-2020-10-29_Tier-2_selected.xlsx?Web=1

Regarding the TC PLOP, Sync, and Channel Decoding FR, I have a question: should this be strictly conformant to CCSDS 231.0, or should we allow non-CCSDS-standard variations? The TC PLOP, Sync, and Channel Encoding FR allows non-standard variations (e.g., non CCSDS acquisition and idle sequence patterns), but that is driven by the existence of legacy implementations. The use of "TC" sync and Channel coding on the return link will be new and only support VLF USLP, so the expectation that the decoding will conform to 231.0 should be high. But I would like some feedback on this.

Best regards,
John