[Css-csts] RCF for USLP - a few more important comments - Revision 1

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Thu Jul 16 09:20:35 UTC 2020

Hi Wolfgang,
Some comments from me. One is another argument why we could ignore the MAP
ID (like we ignore the AOS REPLAY FLAG) of the TM header.

May main comment is about implementation wrt. backward compatibility. So
far the range constraints were simply driven by the largest range (which
was AOS), but now we have choices for each type of supported TM. That is
very precise, but requires replication of ASN.1 types in an implementation
supporting several versions. This replication is according to my
experience a bit delicate to implement. It is much easier to just widen
the constraints.

I guess this is at the end a tradeoff or being precise (or the risk of
being not) and implementation.

Thanks for the very accurate update!

Best regards,
Holger

Holger Dreihahn
European Spacecraft Operations Centre | European Space Agency | S-431
+49 6151 90 2233 | http://www.esa.int/esoc