[Css-csts] SANA considerations - continued

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Fri Nov 8 19:24:38 UTC 2019

CSTSWG colleagues ---
In email that I sent yesterday (see below), I concluded by asking the question of whether the Tracking Data CSTS book should be modified before publication to remove the specification of the Functional Resource Type from the book and instead have the book defer the allocation of that value to the SANA FR Registry. I had forgotten that Holger's MoM for the Workshop states that the SANA Registry values currently 46 for MD-CSTS and 38 for TD-CSTS) will be aligned with the values specified in the books themselves (MD: 17, TD:19) (Section 7, FR Tech Note and FR Model).

However, we had also discussed at the workshop a new numbering scheme for SANA FR Registry, in which the values would be offset by 1,000 or 10,000. If we use this new numbering scheme it will not be possible to continue to use the 2-digit values currently assigned to MD and TD. Unfortunately , this part of the discussion was not recorded in the MoM. But if the new numbering scheme is adopted, then the TD and MD books will have to be modified in any case. Because the TD book is still awaiting publication, the change can be made in that book to have the assignment deferred to the SANA Registry. It would not be so easy to modify the MD book because it has already been published, but in the meeting we mentioned the possibility of publishing a Technical Corrigendum to make the change.

Best regards,
John