[Css-csts] directive-qualifier for the 'reset' directive (pseudo RID)

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu May 2 13:37:36 UTC 2019

Thanks, Holger.

Best regards,
John

From: Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int <Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2019 3:42 AM
To: John Pietras <john.pietras at gst.com>
Cc: CCSDS_CSTSWG (css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org) <css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>; CSS-CSTS <css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>; Wolfgang Hell <wo_._he at t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [Css-csts] directive-qualifier for the 'reset' directive (pseudo RID)

Hi John,
I have put this as a pseudo RID for the SFW RID disposition.

Regards,
Holger

Holger Dreihahn
European Spacecraft Operations Centre | European Space Agency | S-431
+49 6151 90 2233 | http://www.esa.int/esoc

From:        John Pietras <john.pietras at gst.com<mailto:john.pietras at gst.com>>
To:        "CCSDS_CSTSWG (css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>)" <css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>>, Wolfgang Hell <wo_._he at t-online.de<mailto:wo_._he at t-online.de>>
Date:        30/04/2019 17:26
Sent by:        "CSS-CSTS" <css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:css-csts-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>>
________________________________

The Sequence-Controlled DP procedure extends the EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE operation (4.8.4.4) with the ‘reset’ directive (4.8.4.4.2) and associated directive-qualifier (4.8.4.4.3).

The current phrasing of 4.8.4.4.3.1 states “The directive-qualifier shall identify the next-data-id parameter value …”. Although it should be obvious that this is *only* true when the directive-identifier is ‘reset’, it doesn’t explicitly state that and could be interpreted as normatively requiring that the directive-qualifier have this value for *all* directive-identifiers.

Elsewhere in the SFW, where extension elements are added in (name: value/qualifier) pairs, the value/qualifier specification is conditional on the value of the “name”. I recommend that this be used here by changing the current wording to:
“For the ‘reset’ (directive-identifier) directive, the directive-qualifier shall identify the next-data-id parameter value …”.

I don’t know if there are other instances of such unconditional specifications of extension values/qualifiers, but if there are they should be modified in the same manner.

Best regards,
CSS-CSTS mailing list
CSS-CSTS at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:CSS-CSTS at mailman.ccsds.org>

personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int<mailto:dpo at esa.int>).