[Css-csts] directive-qualifier for the 'reset' directive (pseudo RID)

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Apr 30 15:26:27 UTC 2019

The Sequence-Controlled DP procedure extends the EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE operation (4.8.4.4) with the 'reset' directive (4.8.4.4.2) and associated directive-qualifier (4.8.4.4.3).

The current phrasing of 4.8.4.4.3.1 states "The directive-qualifier shall identify the next-data-id parameter value ...". Although it should be obvious that this is *only* true when the directive-identifier is 'reset', it doesn't explicitly state that and could be interpreted as normatively requiring that the directive-qualifier have this value for *all* directive-identifiers.

Elsewhere in the SFW, where extension elements are added in (name: value/qualifier) pairs, the value/qualifier specification is conditional on the value of the "name". I recommend that this be used here by changing the current wording to:
"For the 'reset' (directive-identifier) directive, the directive-qualifier shall identify the next-data-id parameter value ...".

I don't know if there are other instances of such unconditional specifications of extension values/qualifiers, but if there are they should be modified in the same manner.

Best regards,
John