[Css-csts] Draft Red FF book on CWE

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Tue Jun 19 06:36:34 UTC 2018

Hi Erik and John,
I think John summarizes quite nicely the position of the CSTS WG as
discussed in Gaithersburg (yes, saves some typing :-). However, since the
CSTS SFW should contain soon all changes required for CSTS FF I wanted to
talk to Wolfgang, back in July, when he thinks the updates can be done and
how close we are to a SFW B-2 ready for AD review and submission to
secretariat for Agency Review. As far as I had understood, the current
changes to the SFW impact mostly the forward procedures, which justifies
the prototyping approach (SFW covered by FF prototyping). For SFW updates
impacting return procedures we have to be a little bit careful to
        a) not impact TD (as far as we can)
        b) avoid the need of prototyping again the SFW return procedures,
which is not covered yet by anything

I have (had) the hope that we could reach these two conditions for the SFW
and even more, that it would be perhaps possible to go down the route Erik
outlines, namely to pass the SFW also for review relatively soon. Clearly
we can then prioritize the FF over the SFW.

What I always have in mind is that we must by all means work on the
Functional Resources. Currently I believe they are not completed to an
extent that allows an MD implementation.

Best regards,
Holger

Holger Dreihahn
European Spacecraft Operations Centre | European Space Agency | S-431
+49 6151 90 2233 | http://www.esa.int/esoc