[Css-csts] Update Forward Frame service material on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Dec 13 20:17:44 UTC 2017

CSTSWG colleagues ---
In preparation for the monthly FF-CSTS WebEx on 21 December, I have uploaded the current draft (white book) version of the Forward Frame CSTS. Compared with the version released prior to the fall meeting, this version has:

1.       Additional comments (as markup) in sections 1 and 2 [Note - otherwise, these sections have not been updated since spring 2017]

2.       Updated sections for the Forward Frame Service composition (3), the Sequence-Controlled Frame Data Processing procedure (4), and Buffered Frame Data Processing procedure (5).

3.       New sections for the Master Throw Event procedure (6), Setting of Service Management and Configuration Parameters Inherited from Framework Operations and Procedures (7), and Forward Frame Service-Specific Versions of Service-Generic Parameter and Events (8)

4.       Updated ASN.1 annexes B and C

5.       New ASN.1 annexes D and E.

The ASN.1 annexes (B - D) have been run through an ASN.1 compiler for syntax validation.
The draft can be found at URL:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/Forward%20Frame%20CSTS/FF-CSTS-922x3-w-0_3.doc

Note that because of the overwhelming changes made with respect to the previous version, this version has had all changes accepted.

I have also updated the "Discussion Items" PPT package at URL
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/Forward%20Frame%20CSTS/ForwardFramesCstsDiscussionItems-171211.pptx

This package (a) identifies the various issues that have arisen with respect to the FF service, (b) summarizes the discussion, (c) records the resolution of the issue (as applicable) and/or identifies how the issue has been handled in the FF book.

I am providing this material to you with hopefully enough lead time that you can review it if you are interested and bring any of the discussion points up during next week's WebEx.

Best regards,
John