[Css-csts] Re: An update to the ROCF SLE recommendation that can be done by the scretariat

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 21 14:46:03 UTC 2015

Thanks Wolfgang.  I was not in any way suggesting that we add voluminous Green Book materials, nor that we slight any of the key features, such as those you mentioned in the OCF section.

What I was doing was proposing that we add a modest paragraph or two (or even three) to the introductory sections of these documents.  In many cases, as in OCF, that sort of simple "here is what this does and why it is important" intro was missing.  Right now the ROCF devotes page after page of introductory "Green Book material" to definitions of the service itself, to the SLE reference model, service management, return frame and OCF production and provisioning, scheduling, underlying services, buffering, security aspects, etc, etc.  These introductory materials are the first 47 pages of the spec.

I think we can do beter by our users, without being unnecessarily duplicative by including too much Green Book material in a Blue Book.

Best regards, Peter