[Css-csts] New version of the Framework document

Wolfgang Hell Wolfgang_._Hell at t-online.de
Mon Jun 22 09:26:33 UTC 2015

Dear CSTS WG members,

this is to let you know that I have just uploaded the latest version of
the SFW as a zipped file to the CWE at
Cross Support Services Area (CSS) <http://cwe.ccsds.org/css>> Documents
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
CSS-CSTS
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
CWE Private
<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS%2FCWE%20Private&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D>>
CSTS Framework and Concept

The most recent changes applied are those resulting from the discussion
of how the Service Instance Identifier should be built and how to deal
with the issue that the recording buffer was supposed to be in essence
left unspecified while the BDD procedure in complete delivery mode had
to make at least a few assumptions regarding the recording buffer
characteristics.

Please note that the SII related updates not only affect the BIND
operation, but given that the "attributes" OID subbranch is no longer
needed, various updates had to be made to annex C and annex K.
Furthermore the ASN.1 module specifying the ServiceInstanceIdentifier
type had to be rewritten and is much simpler now.

The BDD procedure has been reworked such that it now contains a formal
specification of the associated recording buffer type as needed by the
BDD procedure. Derived procedures may have to specify a variant of the
recording buffer which shall however as a minimum have the
characteristics of the BDD recording buffer. Given that the recording
buffer is a resource that may be shared by several CSTS instances, I
have opted for modeling it as a Functional Resource as to have the means
to refer to associated parameters and events. John would prefer to
associate the parameters and events with the procedure. The pros and
cons will be one of the topics discussed at the forthcoming webex session.

I shall prepare a brief presentation summarizing all updates implemented
since the Pasadena meeting

Best regards,
Wolfgang