[Css-csts] Updated MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Jun 2 20:07:24 UTC 2015

CSTSWG colleagues ---
I have just uploaded the latest version of the MD-CSTS draft Recommended Standard to the CWE> Cross Support Services Area (CSS)<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css> > Documents<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > CSS-CSTS<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > CWE Private<http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fcss%2Fdocs%2FCSS%2DCSTS%2FCWE%20Private&View=%7B8045374D-F8E0-4356-83CA-993252A38FE8%7D> > 2 - MD CSTS RED-1 Review material folder at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/2%20-%20MD%20CSTS%20RED-1%20Review%20material/MD-CSTS-922x1r1_3-150602.doc

This update:

-          Includes updates resulting from comments from Wolfgang Hell and Tim Ray on the previous version;

-          Aligns with all changes to the CSTS SFW since the Spring meeting;

-          Aligns the Functional Resource references in section 2 and annex F with the set of FRs as currently defined; and

-          Fixes various typographical errors.

Assuming that there are no more technical change in the CSTS SFW to the procedures used by the MD-CSTS, the only incomplete aspect of the MD-CSTS is with respect to SANA Functional Resource registry. This registry has not been created yet, so it cannot be referred to by URL.

Note that previous versions of the MD-CSTS also stated that the MD-CSTS-specific ASN.1 modules would be registered with SANA, but I don't know if that is necessary - the Recommended Standard itself is registered with SANA, and the ASN.1 modules being contained normatively may be sufficient. The specification of the CSTS SFW ASN.1 modules make no reference to being registered with SANA.  If they are going to be registered, then the MD-CSTS (and all other CSTSes) should register their SN.1 modules in a similar manner. But in the meantime, I have removed any mention in the MD-CSTS regarding registration of the ASN.1 modules.

Best regards,
John