[Css-csts] CSTS - Progress of WG's activities.

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Fri Jul 17 13:08:08 UTC 2015

Dear WG Members,
I'd like to brief you on the progress of the WG's activities since the
last Teleconference, and to plan the upcoming activities.

1) CSS Specification Framework (CSTS SFW): as per Wolfgang's e-mail to the
WG from 8th July, the final version of that book has been uploaded to the
CWE, after extensive reviewing.  There, it will be available for the WG to
glance through and, possibly, provide some feedback. Please do that by 28
August. After that point in time,  I will ask the AD to send the book to
the editor, and to issue the  relevant resolution.

2) MD CSTS : as  per John's e-mail to the WG from  7th July, also this
book has been finalised, and  it's aligned to CSTS SFW new version. It has
been uploaded to the CWE. Further activities on this book have to be
paused, for the reason that gets explained below, under "PROTOTYPE"

3) TD CSTS: I think John will resume the update of this book shortly. As
said at the Spring Meeting, it would be great if the ones who are going to
develop the Prototype for this service, would give him some comments or
contributions towards the final version (RED-1).

4) PROTOTYPES : As discussed at  the spring Meeting , and further
addressed in a CESG teleconference lately, the following approach shall be
adopted for the completion of prototypes development:
4.1) CSTS Framework Prototype:  the changes introduced to the candidate
Blue Book  through the Review of RED-2 , although numerous, are not of a
nature that impacts the concepts.  So, we are not required to do further
updates to the Prototype in order to get the Book published as Blue. It is
only required to finalise the test report  and issue it as Yellow Book.
All that will (likely) take place during Q3 of this year.
However, update of CSTS Framework prototype is required for implementing
the new version of MD CSTS.

 4.2) MD CSTS Prototype: for that service, the old prototype from
2011-2014 shall be updated, because the Book's new version contains
conceptual changes. Until the prototyping is not completed, the MD CSTS
book cannot be published. The following steps are foreseen:
-       ESOC will carry out the update of the CSTS Framework Prototype and
of the "User" role of MD CSTS ? tentatively by beginning October.
-       ESOC will deliver the updated CSTS SFW prototype to CNES, who will
update on top of it the "Provider" role of MD CSTS.
-       ESOC/CNES will carry out interoperability tests and will then
produce the Test Report as Yellow Book.
-       At that time, the MD CSTS book can at last be sent to Secretariat
for being published

4.3) TD CSTS Prototype: in view of the implementation of this prototype,
ESOC will deliver to DLR the finalised CSTS Framework Prototype as soon as
available.

Finally, concerning the next WG Teleconference, I would like to purpose
another date with respect to the one from the MoM , due to unavailability
of some participants.
Please let me know if 30 September is fine with you.

Kind regards,
Margherita

Margherita di Giulio
Ground Station Back-end Section (HSO-GIB)
European Space Agency ESA/ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49-6151-902779